fashion friday instagram

Photoshopping Instagram Pictures!!!

18:00Unknown

So this post is slightly different from the usual hauls, wishlists, reviews that I do on this blog. It is related to fashion but not my particular fashion.

So recently it's been in the news that celebrities such as Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian and 
Beyonce have been photo-shopping their Instagram pictures and other pictures that they post on social media. Normally I'm a live and let live kind of girl. I don't mind the air brush in fashion magazines because they're trying to sell you clothes and I always like to think of make up as real life airbrushing.




The problem I have with this particular kind of airbrushing is that firstly, they aren't selling me anything. Secondly, social media is supposed to be a 'real' representation of your life within reason. Social media is already a highlights reel of yours and other people's lives. Especially Instagram. It's all pretty pictures and fun times and not the times when people are slouched on the sofa eating cake. I think it's unnecessary to edit something that's already an edit of your life. 

As well as these women are known for being beautiful and strong. Perhaps they have a lot of pressure on them because of this but seeing as they are continuously photographed by paparazzi and strangers on the street as well as taking selfies with fans, I think editing your own is rather ridiculous and also strange. If you're so worried that people will think you're fat surely making yourself thinner in pictures surely creates an even more unrealistic representation of who you are and therefore fans would surely start to comment when they meet them that they're "bigger than they thought." 

The final issue I have with this is that it seems like quite a lot of effort to go to for a selfie, considering these women claim that they are incredibly busy people, why on earth do they have the time to sit and edit their selfie so that they look thinner. It's also incredibly vain. Don't get me wrong I can be vain just like everybody else. But sitting there and editing a selfie that's going on instagram seems incredibly vain.  It's going to quite extreme lengths to give a particular impression about yourself. I mean if you really care that much why are you even bothering with Instagram. Just delete your account. 

Ok I'm done. Let me know what you think! 

Annie Rose XOXO 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love that quote! I have such a bad habit of doing that. Sometime you need to take a step back and realize that this is the highlight of someones day, everything else about it could of been rubbish. Appreciate the memories- pictures are just a few pixels on a screen.

    http://thelittlebluesailboat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely I do! Exactly I think it's so important to realise that and not get sucked in by it!

      Delete

Contact Form