cannes film festival fashion friday

Heels or Flats?

18:00Unknown


This week Cannes Film Festival stopped women from walking the red carpet and entering events if they wore flat shoes, reportedly including an amputee. 



The first thing I want to say is I love heels, I think they're beautiful creations and truly some of them are a work of art. But here's the thing, I like wearing heels, I enjoy it for a certain amount of time and if I was walking the red carpet I'd want to wear beautiful heels because I really like them. That does not mean however that I should have to wear a pair of heels. That takes all the fun out of it. 

There is a dress code which you must adhere to, if it's black tie you can't show up in jeans or trainers. That doesn't mean that you can't wear a more formal pair of flat shoes, which are available. I've seen them. A lot. 

The thing this comes down to for me is equality really. Men don't get told they must wear heels. So women shouldn't either. Formal attire is fine, telling them they can't wear trainers, or informal attire is fine but just because a woman isn't wearing heels doesn't mean she's not dressed formally. 

I love heels. But that doesn't mean that everyone else does and it certainly doesn't mean that they should have to wear them. 

What do you think? 

Annie Rose XOXO







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form